Oops! I did it again!

At just over three weeks into the new year I’ve already failed at two of my resolutions!

I had set my mind to losing some weight and with life all upside and sideways, I’ve resorted to my old habit of stress eating.  The other fail?  I bought some fabric.  Again!  Although to be truthful, I had a $50 gift certificate to Sew Sisters Quilt Shop and I decided I would use it on some Bluebird Park by Kate & Birdie Paper Co. by Moda.  This isn’t the whole line but it’s enough to hold me off any more purchases of it.  As usual, I have no idea what I’ll make with it but this was a fabric line that I kept dreaming about so I thought I’d get some.

IMG_1406

I also decided to join in on the Rainbow Scrap Challenge for 2014 at SoScrappy.  I know I’m late to the party but I have been admiring all the scrappy creations in blog land and need to make a dent in my scrap bins.  My sister also said she would love another scrappy “something”, so I thought “two birds with one stone”.  I may as well have an end purpose to the fun I have all year.

IMG_1415

Here is the pile of blue scraps I cut – the colour for January.  I plan on making a few blocks and see where it all takes me.  I only have a rough idea for a couple of the blocks, otherwise, it will be improvisational piecing.  I also have some paper-piecing templates I’d like to try out so I may play with one or two of those as well.  This pile of cut scraps is enough to make about eight or nine 12″ blocks depending on how I piece them and this is only a small fraction of my blue scraps.  See why I NEED to use up some scraps?

I think I may hide away in my sewing room all day tomorrow (except for church, of course).  I think my guys will let me get away with one day of playing “hooky” on housework!

I’ll be linking with the wonderful Molli Sparkles for Sunday Stash and with So Scrappy for Scrap Happy Saturday if they will have me!

This entry was posted in Fabric, quilting, Scraps and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Oops! I did it again!

1. Yeah for playing hookey when it comes to the housework! I plan to do the same this afternoon. Hope you and your fabrics have a wonderful day!

2. gina says:

Don’t beat yourself up about eating again. When you are really ready to diet you’ll be able to stick with it. As for fabric buying, does a gift certificate count as buying?

3. Thank you! I’m looking forward to it!

4. I was easing my guilt by using the gift cert. it really shouldn’t count toward ‘buying’! Thanks for the encouraging words. I’m back on my healthy eating plan today!

5. Marly says:

I’d say it’s better late than never to join the RSC and your scraps certainly qualify you. What a super collection of fabrics. Its still January till Friday, so you have some time, and the blocks Angela has posted so far have been quick and easy to make. I look forward to seeing more from you and your transformed stash! This is the most relaxed quilt along I’ve ever been involved in.

6. Sheryl says:

Beautiful choices. I love the muted colours in Bluebird Park. And using a gift certificate totally doesn’t count. It’s not like you can use that money anywhere but a quilt store, and whoever gave it to you clearly wanted to gift you fabrics.

7. mlwilkie says:

I can totally understand the bluebird park fabric – it is one of my favorites…..I agree that a gift certificate does not count 🙂

8. Thanks! I’ve made a few blocks, I guess I didn’t read too clearly, I didn’t realize we were to follow block patterns. I’ll go check it out now.

9. Yes, that’s what I thought! I figured it would be like refusing a gift if I didn’t use it.

10. Yes, I love this fabric line! I figure a gift certificate is just like a zero calorie meal! Lol!

11. treadlemusic says:

Wow!!! “Off the wagon” it is……but that fabric inspires so much!!! The ‘blues’ are going to be gorgeous!!! Happy creating!!!!!!!

12. I know! Right? It’s by the same designers as Winters Lane, I think that’s why I love it so much. You’ve got to get some!

13. treadlemusic says:

You certainly have a great ‘eye’ for the fabrics (oops! maybe I shouldn’t be encouraging you!!! ROFL!!!!!).

14. treadlemusic says:

Hehehe!!! I have been accused of being an “enabler” several times in the last couple days……….

15. Some Bluebird Park has made it’s way into my stash recently and I’m not sure what I’ll do with it either.

16. It’s so pretty, I’m not ready to cut it yet. I’ll pop in to see what you do with yours!