WIP’s

IMG_1419

I’ve been making a few blue blocks using scraps for the RSC2014.  Blue is the colour for January and because I joined this challenge late (third week of the month) I thought I would only make one block for each colour and make one rainbow quilt at the end of the year.  Well!  Once I got started pulling scraps out of my blue bin, I just couldn’t stop!  I made the Log Cabin block (above) and these blocks:

IMG_1418

Striped block with grey border.

IMG_1417

Two ticker tape blocks!

I made a total of 4 blocks and wanted to just keep going!  I’m still trying to decide if I’m going to duplicate all these blocks in each of the monthly colours or if I’ll just stick to one or two and see how it goes.  I thought I would make a rainbow quilt using the ticker tape blocks but now that I see the two blue blocks side by side, I’m thinking it would look great as a whole quilt.  I guess I can decide once I get a few more colours up there to see what it will all look like.  I haven’t even made a dent in my blue bin of scraps!  I’m not sure how many quilts I could get out of each bin but it looks like it would be several!  I can’t imagine how many quilts my stash would make!  I better get sewing more!

IMG_1422        IMG_1420

In other sewing news… I finally made some curtains for my bathroom and laundry room windows.  We replaced all the windows in our house a while ago and it’s taken me WAY too long to put curtains up!  I’m not sure what the neighbours were thinking, but now at least I don’t have to duck under the window when I get in and out of the shower!

It’s a small accomplishment, but it sure feels good to check that one off my “To Do” list!

I’ll be linking with my mid-week link ups found in my sidebar!  Check them all out!

This entry was posted in quilting, RSC2014, Scraps and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to WIP’s

1. Lynn says:

I’ve come across your cute little blue log cabin (through Lorna at Sew Fresh Quilts) and like the idea of a colour a month, so I’ll give that a go too, thanks for showing that. I had begun to make some small log cabins more multi coloured, but like the single colour sample.

2. Thanks! I didn’t have a plan, it just sort of lead me along as I was sewing. See you over at Lorna’s!

3. Your cute blocks are looking great, Rita! I especially like the ticker tape blocks. Those look like a lot of fun! Great job on the curtains, too!

4. quiltykanuck says:

I love making log cabin blocks. I’ve recently started english paper piecing them together. A LOT of work, but so relaxing.

5. The blocks are so much fun! Thanks, it only took me 16 years to put curtains in the laundry room! Ha!

6. Thanks, the blocks are so fun! It only took me 16 years to put curtains in the laundry room! Ha!

7. Wow! That is a lot of work! I’ve never done EPP. It seems very detailed. I’m not patient enough for that.

8. Angela says:

What a fun collection of blocks so far! Hard to go wrong with a classic log cabin and those ticker tape blocks — too cute! Glad you could join in.

9. Thanks! It’s so much fun!

10. Cute blocks and great curtains!! Thanks for sharing.
    Freemotion by the River Linky Party Tuesday

11. treadlemusic says:

It’s fascinating how our stash yields some color surprises!!! You blue blocks are so striking!!!

12. I know! I inherited a large stash/scrap bag from an elderly lady down the street. There were some gorgeous designer fabrics in the bag. Some of these blues are from that haul.

13. treadlemusic says:

Someone else’s stash is always yields fresh inspiration…..sometimes bittersweet, depending on the circumstances. Blessings……………….

14. super cute blocks, Rita! love the ticker tapes!

Thanks for linking up to Needle and Thread Thursday!

🙂 Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

15. gina says:

Great blocks. I love the ticker tape blocks xx

16. Oh, this was just a downsizing inheritance! It’s all sweet!

17. Thanks! They are fun to do. Thanks for the link up!

18. Thank you! Ticker tape block may be my new favourite!

19. Sherry says:

Looks like you have been busy, the RSC blocks are so cute and lovely curtains too!

20. treadlemusic says:

Thank you for sharing that info. In the last year I inherited my dear friend’s stash, but that wasn’t as sweet and she is sorely missed………………………….

21. Thank you! It only took me 16 years to put curtains in the laundry room! Ha!

22. It’s sad when we lose a dear friend/lived one. I’m sure your friend is smiling down on you as you use her stash.

23. treadlemusic says:

I have been able to pass along quilty blessings to several of her friends/relatives using her stash. Many special memories for sure. Hugs………………….

24. creativeinstincts says:

Love the single colour log cabin….
    leena

25. Thanks! It was totally random but now that I look at it, I see a gradient thing happening from dark to light on both sides of the block. A happy accident that I’ll now have to repeat!

26. Jen says:

Great Blocks! I especially like the ticker tape ones. Can’t wait to see them all at the end of the year.

27. I just finished the pink ones for February. I’ll be posting soon. Thank you! They are so much fun!

28. Régina says:

Great idea to make a block each month in a different colour, and congrats on the curtains – it is so hard to sew non-quilty things……

29. Thanks but the idea for a different colour block each month comes from Angela at soscrappy:
    She hosts the RSC2014. It’s lots of fun! Thanks about the curtains as well. I have actually been sewing non-quilty things much longer than quilts.