Pink for February!

Well, I’m done my February blocks for the RSC2014 link up over at SoScrappy.

IMG_1427

Log Cabin in pink.

IMG_1436

String block in pink.

IMG_1429      IMG_1432

Ticker tape blocks in pink.

I’ve also been working on this quilt for my son (still).

IMG_1433

Originally, I was going to make a double/queen size quilt but after I had the pinwheels laid out I thought I should make it King size!  It will be that much bigger for my son to roll up in while in bed.  He has a double bed now but he’ll soon outgrow that one.  I ended up having to use a different yellow fabric from my stash to supplement the yellow already used.  It’s close enough, just not quite as bright.  I’ve gotten into a bit of a zen state as I sew these triangles to the half hexies.  It’s been fun catching up on some of my Netflix shows while I stitch away!

I’m also hoping to get a quilt top I made last summer into my new hand quilting frame.  I planned on machine quilting it but I’d like to get back to hand quilting, and with the purchase of my new quilting frame (11″x18″) it should be much easier than the sometimes cumbersome full sized floor frame.  I don’t have the space to leave a quilt in the floor frame out all the time and it takes oh, so much work to put it all together again each time.  It’s just not convenient enough, so, I’ll try the lap frame.

Once I get the quilt top pinned and sandwiched in the frame, I’ll share progress on that little beauty.

Till next time…

Rita

This entry was posted in hand quilting, quilting, RSC2014 and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Pink for February!

1. quiltykanuck says:

I love it… making think about joining late. I’ve only registered for 1 block of the month and it seems like I spend so much time waiting each month. LOL! And I have SO MANY SCRAPS! *sighs* No, I’ll be strong, so many other projects to finish. And that will only mean more scraps for next year right?

Great job!

2. Haha! Yes, I could get carried away with all the great quilt alongs out there too. Thank goodness there will always be scraps!

3. treadlemusic says:

I love the pink blocks and the ticker tape blocks (another technique I’ve been wanting to do) and that “in-process” quilt for your son is gorgeous!!!!! Have a great day!!!! Hugs…………..

4. gina says:

Love the pink blocks and your quilt looks great xx

5. Thank you! I may have a few too many WIP’s at the moment but they are all a lot of fun!

6. Thank you! I’m starting to make some progress on the quilt now.

7. treadlemusic says:

I’m working through my WIPs resulting in several tops ready to quilt. GS’s quilt cut out and ready to piece tomorrow. But quilting days are ahead!!!! My stash is yielding some needed pieces……yay!!! I try to keep it to 1 project at a time (piecing).

8. knitnkwilt says:

First I’ve seen Ticker Tape block; I like it! It seems a nice variation on improv fabric–more orderly. What size is your block? I may not “play” this month–in spite of all the scraps I have, I don’t think I have pink.

9. Sounds great! I’ll keep an eye out for that quilt on your blog.

10. My grey background block is 13.5″ but I’m afraid a couple of ticker tape pieces may be cut off a bit in the seam allowances. Thanks for the kudos. I’m sure you could substitute a different colour for this month!

11. treadlemusic says:

Info in installments….I think!!! LOL!